Birkenstocks are back you guys. Can’t say I didn’t tell you they were cool back in 2011, but I understand these things take time to sink in. My weak arches are celebrating by checking out the newest styles online. SO excited that my go-to shoe is now available in more trendy styles. I love my gold Gizeh pair, but it’s time to update the look, and expand my comfortable shoe options. I often wake up with back, shin, and ankle pain because of the shoes I wear, and it’s a shame that to look cute we have to sacrifice comfort all the time.
(Me circa 2011)
And as if you needed any more proof, I give you an Olsen wearing Birks. It’s official, I’m cool for wearing them now.
Ah, nothing says the weekend like brunch. I took a break from my laptop to catch up with some of my former Variety co-workers / really awesome ladies at Bottega Louie.
Something funny happens when four 20-something girls are put in a small room together during a temp job: they bond, FAST. We bonded over our work playlists, we bonded over food truck love, and we bonded over trying to start out in entertainment… It’s not easy to decide which angle you want to attack the industry from, but hashing it out with these ladies gives me some peace (and by peace I mean one day I have clarity, the next I’m convinced I should apply to law school, but mostly I’m zen about it).
Bottega Louie is SCENIC. From the second you walk in, it’s a place that consumes you with it’s marriage of minimalism and parisian detail; two polarized styles that couple together effortlessly in this Downtown haunt.
The brunch menu didn’t disappoint. I chose the Salmon Eggs Benedict, which came with a potato cake in lieu of an english muffin. The dish was satisfying but didn’t leave me feeling disgusting (always appreciated). Also, since I recently gave up red meat (I miss you Bacon) I go for every salmon option I come across these days. That’s probably bad for me too, but hey one step at a time. For dessert I went for Bottega Louie’s famous macaroons. Early Grey (blue with gold sparkles-yay, so pretty!) is my absolute favorite. For me, the prettier food is, the tastier it is. I know — my taste buds are terribly shallow, but I can’t help it.
It was so nice to see how everyone’s doing since we all spread out over LA this past year. Being able to talk about television with people who actually care is pretty fun too! Where else do I get to geek about about Battlestar Galactica, New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Parenthood?! Can’t wait until our next hang out.
1. Morning people aren’t late — ever. In fact, do morning people ever rush? They’re always ready to go!
2. Morning people get the option of dollying themselves up before work EVERYDAY. Some days I’m wearing whatever makeup I can get on in between red lights… oh, and if I could blow my hair out everyday? Don’t tease me with such sweet thoughts.
3. Morning people get to leisurely sip coffee, and read the paper without interruptions. They’re the first to know about — everything.
4. Morning people go to yoga, shower, and get to work before I even brush my teeth. I want to be that zen!
5. Morning people get more natural daylight. OMG SUNLIGHT I love you! Who knew that adults don’t get a recess to run around, and have fun in the middle of the day? Think of how I could take a morning walk before I glue myself in front of a computer..ahhh the vitamin D!
Operation early bird is STILL underway, but seriously, I’m working on it. #sleepwhenimdead